Starting out with the positive, the Scythe Chouriki 2 Plug-In 850W can keep it’s efficiency well above 80% in most usage scenarios. Unfortunately that is about the only positive impressions that techPowerUp walked away with after wrapping up their reveiw. The +12V line displayed dismaying amounts of ripple and the +3.3V rail actually strayed outside the 5% limit when stressed. Finally, at a hair under $180 the Scythe Chouriki 2 Plug-In 850W is not even reasonably priced for an 850W PSU.
"Most of you will probably know Scythe from its cooling products, but the company also has several power supplies in its arsenal. Today we will test the second strongest PSU from the Chouriki 2 Plug-In line, which has 850 W capacity and is 80 Plus Silver rated. All Chouriki 2 Plug-In PSUs use a semi-modular cabling design and are backed up by a five-year warranty."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- FSP Aurum Gold CM 750W Power Supply Review @ Real World Labs
- IN WIN Commander II 1200W Power Supply Review @Hi Tech Legion
- Coolermaster GX450 vs Nexus Value 430, low-end PSUs battle @ Madshrimps
- Kingwin Lazer Platinum 550W Power Supply Review @ ThinkComputers
- Super Flower Golden King Platinum 550W @ Hardwareoverclock
- Antec High Current Pro 1200W Power Supply Review @ Real World Labs