The ASUS GTX580 Platinum is an overclockers dream, from the hand picked cards and components to the Mod Zone area of the PCB which has solder points that allow you to turn off overcurrent and overheating safeguards and turn up the voltage. You don’t have to be an extreme overclocker to enjoy the card, right out of the box the GPU runs 44MHz above stock at 816MHz and [H]ard|OCP hit 891MHz without changing any settings but the frequency … they also passed 1GHz with some extra voltage. At $529 it does cost you quite a bit to purchase but it surpasses even the MSI Lightning Xtreme Edition that so impressed Josh. As you can see below, it is also larger.
"ASUS has launched the new ROG MATRIX GTX580 Platinum video card that can be described as the pinnacle enthusiast GeForce GTX 580 GPU. Will all of this customization and new features mean you get fast video card? If this overclock doesn’t impress you we suggest trading in your computer and finding a new hobby."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Gelid Icy Vision Rev. 2 VGA Cooler Review @ eTeknix
- x264 HD Benchmark 4.0 @ TechARP
- AMD’s Open-Source Radeon Driver After Four Years @ Phoronix
- AMD Radeon 6950 Triple CrossFireX Review @ eTeknix
- sus HD 6870 DirectCU 1GB GDDR5 Video Card @ Hi Tech Legion
- Sapphire HD6950 2GB DiRT3 Toxic Edition Review @ OCC
- ASUS HD6670 1GB GDDR5 with DisplayPort DirectX11 Video Card Review @Hi Tech Legion