[H]ard|OCP received a preview of Deus Ex and we at PC Perspective might be jealous but we will still give a nod to them for putting together a preview of the performance you can expect. Using a base of an ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution, a Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.6GHz, and 6GB of Corsair DDR3-1600, they tested a GTX 580 and GTX 570 and an HD 6970 and HD 6950. The good news is that even the unmodded HD 6950 could play at an average above 30fps with every option at maximum at a resolution of 2560×1600, AMD’s cards using MLAA and NVIDIA utilizing FXAA. That is great news for those with a single monitor and single GPU setup, but Deus Ex is able to accept up to 5 monitors in EyeFinity or NVIDIA Surround which means you did not waste your money.
See what happens when you don’t render tessellated water underground and turn concrete barriers into works of art Crytek?
"We secured an advance copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution so that we could show our readers how the game will perform when it launches later today. We’ve given it a quick once-over with four different video cards. We have a full run-down of the game coming after it officially launches, but this is here to whet your appetites now!"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The future begins with you: Ars reviews Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- I Am Not Adam Jensen @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Coming Soon, Shorter Video Games @ Slashdot
- Games aren’t too long, they’re too boring @ ExtremeTech
- Atari Targets Retro Community With Cease & Desist @ Slashdot
- Feral developers: why game industry talent is going indie @ Ars Technica
- Dishonored – PC, Xbox 360, PS3 @ HEXUS
- Dishonored Shots Are… Mixed In Quality @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Diviner Divinity: Dragon Commander Preview @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Space Marine Demo Live, Not (Officially) In UK @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
On one hand I’m surprised
On one hand I’m surprised more people aren’t commenting on this. ON the other hand, everyone who would is most likely too busy playing Deus Ex to read any news except the virtual papers in the game! 😉