One of our planned giveaways at the 2011 PC Perspective Hardware Workshop during QuakeCon is the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3. Now if the fact that the board is being given away for free isn’t enough to convince you to come, maybe the review at [H]ard|OCP will sway you to come. It did pick up an Editors Choice and a Silver Award after all. It has all of the bells and whistles associated with the Z68 chipset, from onboard video out to Intel SRT; as well Gigabyte went for top of the line components and a 7 phase power design. It wasn’t perfect though, the reviewers had minor difficulties with the storage system, from tweaking the onboard controllers to installing high end RAID cards, they felt that some improvements were required. It also lacks a new UEFI style BIOS, but apart from that the board was solid and performed very well.
"The Intel Express Z68 chipset is the new hotness and as a result tons of Z68 boards are hitting the market. Gigabyte isn’t one to be left behind and as a result it has plenty of Z68 boards to choose from. The one we are evaluating here is the Z68X-UD3H-B3. Despite being somewhat of a budget board it certainly packs a ton of features and promises solid overclocking performance to boot."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Gen3 Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Zotac Z68-ITX WiFi Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- Gigabyte X58A-OC Overclocking Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 @ Hardwareoverclock
- MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) Motherboard Review @ t-break
- BIOS Option Of The Week – V-Link Mode Selection @ TechARP
- AMD Llano A6-3650 APU and Sapphire Pure Platinum A75 Motherboard Review @ HardwareHeaven
- ECS A75F-A (AMD A75) @ Tweaktown
- AMD A8-3850 & Gigabyte A75M-UD2H @ OC3D