Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Stryker 500W Fanless is another very impressive power supply from Kingwin. It delivered excellent efficiency numbers and easily met the new 80 PLUS Platinum certification criteria. It also delivered very good voltage regulation with clean outputs and can easily be pushed (overclocked) to 600W with only a slight drop in efficiency. And the STR-500 PSU is dead silent as you might expect thanks to its fanless design. The Stryker 500W Fanless PSU includes a good assortment of both fixed and modular cables with up to four PCI-E connectors and comes with a 5-year warranty. If you are in the market for a fanless power supply the Kingwin STR-500 comes highly recommended.
The Kingwin Stryker 500W Fanless power supply will soon be available with a retail price of $159.99 USD. Yes, that’s a premium price for a 500W PSU but this is a premium product in a niche market.
• Silent operation
• Excellent efficiency (meets 80 PLUS Platinum standards)
• 500W continuous DC output (easily overclocked to 600W)
• Very good voltage regulation
• Clean DC outputs with minimal AC ripple
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 41.5A (498W)
• Four PCI-E connectors can support multiple high-end graphic adapters
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Good combination of fixed and modular cables/connectors
• 5-year warranty
• Premium price
Kingwin Stryker 500W Fanless Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Kingwin for sending us the STR-500 PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Kingwin’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Kingwin Stryker 500W Fanless, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!