The Tech Report has been investigating the OCZ 2.15 firmware update for their Sandforce SF2281 based SSDs. The firmware was released to fix several specific issues that users were encountering which caused BSODs or stuttering during normal usage. The testing was a little odd for The Tech Report, they certainly didn’t see any BSODs after flashing to the new firmware, however they never saw any BSODs on their drives previously. A little investigation showed them a significant decrease in the number of people complaining about BSODs on forums which leads them to believe the firmware update is effective at what it does. Even better, the firmware has no real negative effect on the drives performance.
"SandForce SSDs have been dogged by reports of BSODs and other issues, but new firmware promises relief. We take a quick look at OCZ’s recent 2.15 firmware update to see how it affects SSD performance and the BSOD bug."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Solid State Drive Roundup 2011 @ Real World Labs
- OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD @ XSReviews
- MemoRight FTM Plus 240GB Solid State Drive @ Tweaktown
- OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI-E SSD Tests @ Benchmark Reviews
- A Complete SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Pro @ Bjorn3D
- Seagate Barracuda 3TB Review; A 1TB / Platter Monster is Unleashed @ Hardware Canucks
- Seagate Barracuda 3TB Hard Drive ST3000DM001 @ Benchmark Reviews
- OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid 100GB (PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD) @ techspot
- OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid @ Tweaktown
- Seagate’s New Barracuda 3TB @ AnandTech
- Vantec SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI-e Host Card Review @ circuitREMIX
- Hard Disk Drive Myths Debunked! @ TechARP
- ADATA Nobility N005 Pro 64 GB (USB 3.0 Flash Drive) @ Kitguru
- LaCie Little Big Disk (2TB) Review: More Affordable Thunderbolt Storage @ AnandTech
- Raidon GR5630-WSB3 4-Bay Desktop Storage System Review @ OCC
- 1TB 3.5" USB 3.0 External Hard Drives from Iomega and Seagate Review @ circuitREMIX
- SilverStone SST-TS07B External USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure Review @ Legit Reviews
We had a couple of Agility
We had a couple of Agility 3’s in a Raid 1. Both Drives dropped from Windows under the 2.11 Firmware, we have since upgraded to 2.15 and have been keeping a close eye on our logs and have yet to seen anything outside of normal operation show up. So I think it resolved the issue (knocks on wood to play it safe ;).