Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W power supply delivers good efficiency with clean DC outputs and good voltage regulation. Under normal operating conditions the power supply is very quiet. The Strider Gold 1200W comes with a very good assortment of all-modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards along with active PFC and universal AC input. My only minor complaint is the 3-year warranty period.
The SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W power supply is currently available and typically sells for around $256 USD (Amazon.com August 2011).
• Up to 1200W DC output, rated at 40°C
• Very good efficiency (80Plus Gold certified)
• Good voltage regulation; particularly on the critical +12V rail
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Quiet during normal operation
• Single +12V output up to 100A
• Eight PCI-E connectors for multiple graphic card support
• Two EPS connectors for dual CPU support
• Very good assortment of all modular cables
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• 3-Year warranty
SilverStone Strider Gold 1200W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at SilverStone for sending us the Strider Gold 1200W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of SilverStone’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Strider Gold 1200W PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!