The second generation of Sitecom’s Media Player sports improved software and upgraded hardware, in addition to the 2TB of storage for your multimedia. In addition it is certified by the Digital Living Network Alliance, which means that not only is it uPnP compatible it is capable of interfacing with other uPnP devices as well as your PC. Head to Guru3D to see the long list of audio and video formats that the device is compatible with as well as the variety of outputs which are provided. For around $100 without a drive this device offers a very easy, if a little limited, way to stream all your HD content to your TV.
"The new Sitecom Media Player comes standard with a new improved GUI, but also hardware wise harbor the latest Realtek 1185 chipset, and that changes a thing or two as pretty much any of the performance issues we had noticed in 1080P content playback (with very high bit-rate) on the previous chipset now are a thing of the past.
That Realtek 1185 chipset has an increased clock frequency, 500 MHz coming from 400 MHz on the original version. And as little as it sounds, it makes a serious difference. The HDD TV Media Player 2TB allows you to play digital films, music and photos directly on your TV with High Definition quality (1080p)."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- AC Ryan Veolo Smart Android Media Hub @ Guru3D
- WD TV Live Streaming Media Player @ SPCR
- 2011 Media Streamer Roundup : Netgear NTV550, A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD2 and the Boxee Box @ AnandTech
- Dune HD Smart H1 Media Player Review @MissingRemote
- Western Digital TV Live @ TechwareLabs
- Acer Revo RL100-U20P Home Theater PC Review @MissingRemote