Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W delivered very good efficiency and easily met the 80 PLUS Gold certification criteria, even when operating at higher, real-world operating temperatures. It also delivered very good voltage regulation with relatively clean DC outputs. The Toughpower Grand 1200W PSU includes an excellent assortment of fixed and modular cables with up to eight PCI-E connectors and comes with a 7-year warranty.
The Toughpower Grand 1200W power supply is currently available with a retail price of $329.99 USD but can be found online for $279.99 (Newegg 9-2011).
• 1,200W output (up to 50°C)
• Very good efficiency (meets 80 PLUS Gold standards)
• Very good voltage regulation (±2% on primary outputs)
• Good AC ripple suppression
• Dual +12V outputs can deliver up to 100A (1200W)
• Eight PCI-E connectors can support multiple high-end graphic adapters
• FanDelayCool Technology
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Excellent combination of fixed and modular cables/connectors and accessories
• 7-year warranty
• Nothing bad to say…
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at Thermaltake for sending us the Toughpower Grand 1200W PSU to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Thermaltake’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!