Unigine Heaven v2.5
Heaven Benchmark (DirectX 11)
Heaven Benchmark is a DirectX 11 GPU benchmark based on advanced Unigine™ engine from Unigine Corp. It reveals the enchanting magic of floating islands with a tiny village hidden in the cloudy skies. Interactive mode provides emerging experience of exploring the intricate world of steampunk.
- Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0
- Comprehensive use of tessellation technology
- Advanced SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion)
- Volumetric cumulonimbus clouds generated by a physically accurate algorithm
- Simulation of changing light conditions
- Dynamic sky with light scattering
- Interactive experience with fly/walk-through modes
- Stereo 3D modes:
- Separate images
- 3D Vision
Unigine Heaven Test Settings
It seems pretty obvious that the tessellation engine in the new Tahiti Southern Islands GPU is much improved over the Radeon HD 6970, yet likely not up to the raw power of Fermi in that area. You can see that the performance gap between the HD 7970 and the GTX 580 with tessellation disabled is 33% while at the Extreme Tessellation level it is 22%. Compared to the HD 6970 those gaps go from 50% when disabled to 65% at extreme.