Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Corsair is well known for having a great selection of PC power supplies, with something for everyone. Corsair’s new TX Modular power supplies bring modular cabling to their affordable Enthusiast TX Series. Both the TX550M and TX750M PSUs delivered clean DC outputs, with good efficiency and good voltage regulation. Both power supplies come with a good assortment of fixed and modular cables that can support the latest CPUs and multiple, high-end video cards. And let’s not forget active PFC, universal AC input and Corsair’s 5-year warranty. However, if you want better voltage regulation, even cleaner outputs, higher efficiency and don’t mind spending a little more, look to Corsair’s Professional Series or Professional Series Gold PSUs.
• Corsair Enthusiast Series TX550M, $99.99 USD (December 2011)
• Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M, $129.99 USD (December 2011)
• Continuous power output, rated at 50°C
• Good voltage regulation
• Good efficiency (80Plus Bronze certified)
• Clean DC outputs with low AC ripple
• Quiet at low to mid power levels
• Universal AC input with Active PFC
• Single +12V output for easy configuration and compatibility
• Multiple PCI-E connectors for high-end graphic card support
• Backed by a 5-year warranty
• Nothing out of line for a low-cost PSU
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX550M and TX750M Power Supplies
I would like to thank our friends at Corsair for sending us the two TX Modular PSUs to review – thanks! Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Corsair’s fine products or anything else you may want to buy!