The Tech Report tackles multi-monitor gaming in 3D with their latest technique of measuring graphical performance. Frame time seems to be very much present with some hardware when you attempt to play with this type of display but it seems the overall effect on your enjoyment is variable. When testing Deus Ex they found less instances of high frame time than with Battlefield 3 but found they noticed the impact more on Deus Ex than BF3. There are a lot of variables to account for in this overview, not only the differences between AMD and NVIDIA’s implementation of the technology but also the differences between active shutter and passive glasses. Read on to see if you should wait for Microsoft to include 3D support in DirectX or if you can dive in right away.
"Join us as we slip on the funny glasses to assess the current state of stereoscopic 3D gaming on the PC."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Gloomy: The Darkness 2 Demo Out On PC @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Batman: Arkham City @ Bjorn3D
- Choplifter HD @ Kitguru
- Q.U.B.E. Review – It’s No Portal @ Techgage
- Anno 2070 VGA Graphics performance @ Guru of 3D
- Games To Watch Out For In 2012 @ HardwareHeaven
- Doom for your calculator gets a color upgrade @ Hack a Day
I have never been much of a
I have never been much of a 3D fan although I am open to 3D possibilities with gaming