The Phoronix Test Suite is a wonderful source of unintentionally released test data, as system engineers working with processors not yet available on the market use it to test and sometimes accidentally post the results to OpenBenchmark.org. For instance Phoronix noticed a Chrome 600 system, powered by a VIA Nano 1.2GHz Quad-Core processor, a motherboard called a VIA VT3456 VT8611BMB and S3 Chrome 600 graphics. It may have been a long time since you heard of S3 producing hardware but there is confirmation that they are still alive and have at least some customers.
"The S3 Chrome 600 series / VIA VT3456 (VX11) still hasn’t been officially announced, but here are some benchmarks of the forthcoming chipset from a VIA Nano quad-core system."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- How will Intel do in the phone market? @ SemiAccurate
- Google’s SPDY Could Be Incorporated Into Next-Gen HTTP @ Slashdot
- Infographic: History of Google & Its Founders @ TechReviewSource
- Win 100 free Cebit 2012 tickets courtesy of OCZ & Kitguru
- Weekly Giveaway #20: Roccat Isku and Kone[+] @ eTeknix