Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN were lucky enough to get their hands on Jagged Alliance – Back in Business, a game that was on its way to surpassing Duke Nukem Forever’s record for longest game in development. The new incarnation of the beloved turn based squad combat game is, as many fans are aware, in real time with a pause button to allow you to issue commands. On the other hand it seems that the game is exactly like JA2 in that RPS recognized every tree, fence hole and building from JA2 … and those who played it through multiple times will likely recognize them too. One of the biggest changes, at least for the version they played with, is the lack of fog of war; when you hit a map you can see every single enemy and their moves, even without line of site. As it turns out the enemy AI is even dumber than you thought. Check out the full preview here.
"I’ve been playing an early version of Jagged Alliance – Back In Action, the upcoming remake of one of my most beloved games. I keep my copy of Jagged Alliance 2 atop a giant stack of Soldier of Fortune magazines, which stands between an ashtray containing a smouldering over-sized cigar, some satellite surveillance photos of a dictator’s villa, a few scattered dogtags (some with bulletholes through them) and a pile of empty shell casings. I don’t know why I keep a lot of that stuff but I guess it reminds me how much of a man I am. Can Back In Action do the same?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic – First Impressions @ Techgage
- Batman Arkham City 3D Vision Game Review @ Benchmark Reviews
- Rockstar Threatens Max Payne 3 "Barrage" @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Microsoft Flight Out This Spring, Free @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Mass Effect 3 Has Fat Monsters: PROOF @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Trine 2: 3D Vision 2 Experience @ Hi Tech Legion
- Saints Row: The Third Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Syndicate’s Co-Op Agents Are Foursome @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN