Layout and Features
Windwithme writes about the new Foxconn Quantumian1 motherboard for the LGA2011 socket and X79 chipset.
From the Forums is a new segment here on PC Perspective where we dive through the best content on the PC Perspective Forums and bring it to the main stage here on pcper.com. Even though this content isn’t direct from our editors it brings value to the reader and so we wanted to push into the spotlight! Our forums are some of the best online if you are looking for community fun and gaming or have a particularly annoying issue you are trying to work out on your latest build. Be sure you stop by to see what our members are up to today!!
Windwithme has been a member of the PC Perspective Forums since mid-2009 and has continually contributed with in-depth reviews of hardware including motherboard, graphics cards SSDs and more. Though English is not his native language, and because of that some of his text will seem odd to US readers, the content is great and we are glad to have Windwithme as part of our community! Enjoy! You can find the original thread for this content right here.
If you have any feedback on this new feature, please drop us a line in the commments below!
Ever since Intel officially launch Sandy Bridge-E new platform in 2011 November,
several motherboard companies successively roll out new motherboard based on X79 chipset to support Intel next generation high-end platform.
Due to the continuous effort of self-own brand management made by FOXCONN, Quantum Force series still dominant high-end motherboard.
FOXCONN X79 Quantumian-1 still provides various choices for the market though the quantities of Quantum Force series are not as various as they are in the past time. Soon after the release of Intel X79 chipset, FOXCONN promptly roll out corresponding X79 motherboard. Quantum Force was naming in a special way which the Intel code won’t be shown on the models.
This time, Quantumian-1 which belongs to the series of Quantum Force still follows the high-end style both in material and design.
The patterns shown on exterior packing of high-end product are always different which exhibits the great efforts on art design.
The full picture of FOXCONN Quantumian-1
Quantum Force is common to use black and red to create contrast visual sense.
Currently, there are more and more motherboard brands adopt these two colors to match.
It is known that the market segment of Quantumian-1 x79 is positioned as high-end product line.
Besides, the corresponding specification, design and featured over clocking function have also been highly highlighted.
- Product manual
- easy guide
- nVIDIA SLI 3Way bridge
- IO shield
- SATA connectors and cables both in red and yellow
- DC power cable SATA
The lower left side of motherboard
- 4 X PCI-E 2.0 X16，supports 4Way CrossFireX / 3Way nVIDIA SLI
- Bandwidth X16+X8+X16+X8，PCI-E slot is using X16
- 1 X PCI-E X1
- 1 X PCI
- Dual Gigabyte Lan, Realtek 8111E and Intel 82975V
- Audio, Realtek ALC892, supports up to 7.1 channel and High Definition Audio
The lower right side of motherboard
- 2 x red SATA3, provided by x79 chipset
- 4 x black SATA2, provided by x79 chipset
- Above could mix to establish RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 and RAID 10.
- The maximum performance could be determined by installed SATA
- 2 x red SATA3, provided by ASM1601 chipset
- Dual BIOS、1 X front panel header and 1 X USB 2.0 device slot
The upper right side of motherboard
The color of DDR3 DIMM slot is also red in order to be consistent to the other parts, from which we can see that FOXCONN pays a lot of attention on minor design as well. The upper black part is 24-PIN power input. The right black parts are front USB3.0 expansion slots.
The upper side of motherboard
- LGA 2011 CPU adopt 14 phase digital PWM, heat sink on upper side of motherboard could heat dissipation for MOSFET
- Both left and right side, 4 X DIMM DDR3 which supports up to 32GB of system memory
- Quad channel DDR3 2400(oc*)/2133 (oc*)/1866(oc*)/1600/1333/1066, supports Extreme Memory Profile
- 1 X PS2 keyboard port
- 6 X USB 2.0(black)
- 1 X Clera CMOS button(black triangle)
- 1 X S/PDIF out port
- 2 X Gigabit LAN
- 2 X USB 3.0(blue)
- 2 X eSATA(orange)
- 6 ports audio jacks