Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The new NZXT HALE82 power supplies are built by Seasonic and based on their popular and proven M12II 80Plus Bronze platform. The NZXT HALE82 850W PSU delivered excellent voltage regulation with very clean outputs and good efficiency. The HALE82 850W PSU is quiet at low to mid power levels and includes a good assortment of both fixed and modular cables/connectors. Overall the HALE82 850W PSU performed very well as we would expect based on previous experiences with this platform. NZXT is offering a new "Less Than Three Service", which can get you back up in running within three business days if you ever have a problem with your HALE82 PSU. And if you want virtual silence (at low power levels) and even better efficiency, NZXT’s HALE90 Series may have just what you are looking for.
The NZXT HALE82 850W PSU is currently available and is selling for around $130 USD, which also makes it a good value ($139.99 USD, Directron.com, December 2011).
• 850W continuous DC output
• Good efficiency (easily meets 80Plus Bronze standards)
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Very low AC ripple, even at the higher loads
• Relatively quiet at all but the highest power levels
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 70A (840W)
• High quality components and all Japanese made capacitors
• Six PCI-E connectors can support multiple high-end graphic adapters
• Dual EPS12V 8-pin connectors support high end motherboards
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• High quality 120mm Cooling fan with dual ball bearings
• 5-Year warranty (with NZXT’s exclusive "Less Than Three Service")
• Not quite as quiet as the more efficient HALE90 Series PSUs
NZXT HALE82 850W 80Plus Bronze Power Supply
I would like to thank our friends at NZXT for sending us the HALE82 850W PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of NZXT’s products or anything else you may want to buy.