Introduction, Features, Technical Specifications
NZXT creates customized hybrid case for extreme watercooling or air-based cooling.
PC enclosures continue to evolve as new hardware comes to market like Intel’s new Sandy Bridge-E and Ivy Bridge processors, affordable solid state drives, and custom liquid cooling solutions. It is more critical than ever that users pay strict attention to not only what a PC case looks like, but what hardware it supports. Since it was founded in 2004, NZXT has been developing unique PC cases to satisfy the appetites of PC gamers and hardware enthusiasts alike. Their latest creation dubbed the Switch 810 is a full-tower "hybird" case that is optimized to support liquid cooling or air-cooled solutions.
The Switch 810 brings together many crowd favorites like right-mounted hard drives with removable HD cages and support for 140 to 240mm radiators to give users a plethora of options for cooling their PC components. If you don’t want to go the liquid cooling route, the Switch 810 has room for 10 fans on the front, back, top, and bottom panels. PC builders can use 120mm or 140mm fans, and NZXT starts them off by including four 140mm fans with the Switch 810 to provide excellent airflow for any PC setup.
This full tower case retails for $169.99 and supports a variety of motherboards including extended ATX, ATX, micro ATX, and mini ITX to name a few. There are four external 5.25" drive bays and six internal 3.5" drive bays to give users plenty of storage space and also provide room for multiple DVD and Blu-ray burners. One of the 5.25" bays has a hot-swappable SATA hard drive cage that supports 3.5" hard drives and 2.5" solid state drives.
Check out our video walk through of the NZXT Switch 810 Full Tower PC Case!
- Supports high-end water cooling solutions up to three fans for push and pull configuration: 90mm of internal top space with top 360/420mm and bottom 140/240mm radiator support for unmatched liquid cooling
- Four watercooling cutouts for easy liquid cooling management on the rear panel
- Spacious CPU cutout for mounting high-end CPU coolers without removing the motherboard
- Removable top 5.25” plates to accommodate wide radiators
- Clever hybrid fin design allows the user to choose between maximum airflow or sound reduction
- Innovative right-mounted HDDs for easy hard drive replacement
- Removable HDD pull-out cages and large storage capacity for 7 hard drives
- Equipped with two 140mm pivot fan slots for directing airflow at 15⁰ to the VGA and CPU
- Rear white light for visibility in dark environments with a toggle switch
- Dual high-speed USB 3.0, hard drive dock along with a SD card reader for transfer and quick access to multimedia
- Nine expansion slots for installing EATX motherboards with Quad SLI or Triple Crossfire
- Supreme cooling capacity with up to ten 140/120mm fans
- Stress-free wire management and 23mm clearance in the rear allows for superb wire-tucks
- Ten large specialized cutout holes for easy cable management
- Easily removable bottom filters in the front and rear to prevent dust from entering
- Tool-less 5.25” and 3.5”/2.5” SSD hard drive installation for convenience and ease of accessibility
Technical specifications (from NZXT’s website)
|CASE TYPE||Hybrid Full Tower|
|FRONT PANEL MATERIAL||Plastic/Steel|
|DIMENSIONS (W x H x D)||235 x 595 X 585 mm|
|VGA Clearance Maximum
||375mm (w/out fan), 350 (installed), 285 (full pivot)|
FRONT, 2 X 120/140mm (1x 140mm included)
|DRIVE BAYS||4 EXTERNAL 5.25" DRIVE BAYS
6 INTERNAL 3.5" DRIVE BAYS
Screwless Rail Design
|MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT||E-ATX, XL-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, Mini-ITX|