Attention all modders and Elder Scrolls fans, the official Bethesda Creation Kit for Skyrim is coming down from the mountain to give a shout out to the community. It will be a free download via Steam under Tools and will not only give you the tools to mod the game but it can also replace the Nexus Mod Manager for updating and enabling or disabling mods. From the description of the Creation Kit those familiar with previous versions from Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3 will be familiar with the interface. If you want to see a video of this tool in action head to Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN and feast your eyes on the newest drain on your free time.
"Bethesda is soon to release the Creation Kit for Skyrim, that’ll allow official modding to begin, along with some really powerful-looking tools. It will also plug directly into the Steam Workshop, which will make adding user-created mods to your game over 39024% easier. You can see a video giving an overview of those features below."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Know Your Enemy: Firaxis On XCOM, Part 1 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Star Wars: The Old Republic @ Tweaktown
- An Hour With… King Arthur II @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Most Anticipated PC Games of 2012 @ Techspot
- Syndicate Video Preview @ IGN
- FIFA 12 (PS3) Review @ HardwareHeaven