Introduction and Features
Big speaker sound from a small package at an affordable price!
It’s not very often that I get to use and enjoy a review item while working on the actual review, but that’s exactly what I’m doing as I sit here listening to my favorite music. The new Cerwin-Vega! XD3 Powered Desktop Speakers have been designed to optimize sound quality while keeping the enclosures small and providing easy integration with your PC and other desktop accessories at an affordable price. The XD3 desktop speakers incorporate ¾" silk dome tweeters, 3" woofers, high-quality cross-overs, and a 15W per channel internal amplifier in solid wood (MDF) enclosures.
XD3 Powered Desktop Speakers Key Features:
• The perfect companion for your computer and/or media player
• Compact size without "compact" sound
• Rich and natural sound of a real wood enclosure
• Two-Way speaker: ¾" Tweeter and 3" Woofer
• 15 Watts per channel amplifier with built-in crossovers
• Front panel Aux. in and Headphone out
• Ported enclosure and Vega-Bass help increase bass response
• Magnetically shielded to prevent interference
• Appearance matches laptops and LCD monitors
• Perfect for music, gaming and media production
Here is what Cerwin-Vega has to say about their new XD3 Powered Desktop Speakers: "With over 50 years of speaker system know-how for concerts, movies, public address and clubs – when you want to recreate these experiences at home on the desktop – those that know turn to Cerwin-Vega!
When creating the XD3 speaker for desktop and computer applications the goal is to optimize the sound output while keeping the enclosure small. Clarity is critical, especially for those producing multimedia or analyzing tracks. Signal purity must be maintained by using low noise amplifiers that don’t disappoint when the volume is set to high. And, if it has the Cerwin Vega name, the bass has to be in-your-face.
Powered desktop speakers like the XD3 must also fully integrate with your entire sound system and outboard accessories. The XD3 has the capability to handle multiple inputs, you can switch instantly between your computer as a source or other more portable platforms such as iPods, phones and other media players via the 1/8" stereo Auxiliary input. The XD3 also has a convenient headphone jack which allows you to "keep it down" while maintaining full control through the front panel power switch and volume adjustments."