Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Seasonic SS-350M1U power supply made a very good showing. The PSU delivered good voltage regulation with very good efficiency and relatively clean outputs. And it comes with a good compliment of modular cables/connectors. If you are in the market for a rack mount, server style power supply with 350W output capacity, this would be a good one to consider.
The Seasonic SS-350M1U PSU is currently available in Europe (£58.00) and to system integrators in North America ($64.99 USD) and it will be released into retail channels later on. Until then, end-users can purchase the SS-350M1U power supply from their Seasonic reseller.
• 350W continuous DC output
• Very good efficiency (80Plus Gold certified)
• Good voltage regulation
• Relatively low AC ripple and noise on the DC outputs
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Modular cables
• Noisy at full load (of course)
• AC ripple a little higher than we would like to see on +12V at full load
I would like to thank our friends at Seasonic for sending us the SS-350M1U PSU to review!