There is some incredible news for those of you who have purchased old Wing Commander games from GOG, as well as those of you who’ve though about it but prefer the memories of the game they’ve already formed. A group of modders has taken the engine behind FreeSpace 2 and created Wing Commander Saga, which spans a time period from just before the beginning of Wing Commander 3 and takes you through to the end of the Terran-Kilrathi War. On top of the vastly improved graphics and features like autopilot are dozens of cinematics throughout the game, thousands of lines of original dialog and large scale fleet battles. Do not despair if this is the first you are hearing about it for the release date is tomorrow! Check out Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn here.
"Any old-school PC gamer worth his salt has spent some time dogfighting in space in Wing Commander, or at least is familiar with the series that first took flight in 1990. Heck, even Mark Hamill (better known as Luke Skywalker) lent his voice acting talents to the third installment, Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger. If you have fond memories of flying through space in the 1990s, you’ll be happy to know that fans of the franchise are nearly finished with a massive followup."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- APB Reloaded (Free-to-Play) PC Review @ eTeknix
- Dare we believe it? Blizzard locks in May 15 launch date for Diablo 3 @ Ars Technica
- Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition to give first two games a modern update @ Ars Technica
- Why, That Must Be Another Far Cry 3 Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (XBOX 360) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Twisted Metal (PS3) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Rayman Origins (PS Vita) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- umines: Electronic Symphony PlayStation Vita @ Tweaktwon
- Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 @ Kitguru
- XBOX720 and PS4 Consoles Revive PC Gaming @ Benchmark Reviews