Acer’s Aspire series has gained an Ultrabook model, the Timeline Ultra M3. Powered by an i5-2467M and bolstered by an NVIDIA GT 640M, this 15.6" 1366 x 768 ultrabook should be able to boot quickly thanks to the hybrid storage system which includes a 20GB mSATA SSD while the 500GB HDD offers storage at a lower price than a purely SSD solution would offer. While it sounds good on paper, by the end of the review Hardware Canucks were very disappointed with its "ghastly trackpad, an unnecessary space consuming optical drive, testicle-searing exterior temperatures, a poor keyboard layout, a low resolution screen …".
If you think they were overly harsh, Matt was no kinder to it when he reviewed this Ultrabook.
"Acer’s new Timeline Ultra M3 blazes a path that no others have been willing to take. By incorporating one of NVIDIA’s new GT 640M Kepler-based graphics processors within their design, they have become the first company to include a gaming-grade GPU into an Ultrabook. It sounds great but does this combination actually work out as planned? We find out."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- HP Folio 13 @ The Inquirer
- Toshiba Satellite P755D-S5172 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Toshiba Portege R835: Less Ultra, More Notebook @ AnandTech
- Samsung Chronos Review @ HardwareLOOK
- Sony VAIO SE: An IPS Laptop for Under a Grand @ AnandTech
- AT&T Pantech Element 8-Inch 4G LTE Tablet Review @ Legit Reviews
- The 2012 iPad Followup: Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE Comparison @ AnandTech
- The Apple iPad @ AnandTech
- Nextivity Cel-Fi RS2 3G Coverage Booster Review @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master NotePal X3 Silent Laptop Cooling Pad Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- The Nokia Lumia 900 @ Ars Technica
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus Smartphone Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Nokia Lumia 900 @ AnandTech
- HTC One X @ TechSpot
Testament to the
Testament to the review…when I first saw this picture…I thought the acer was the ultrabook on top (actually the Asus Zenbook). Then when I realized it was actually the zenbook on top, I became rather dissapointed.