Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Antec’s new High Current Platinum series is targeted to become their new top class line of power supply units and from what we have seen with the HCP-1000 Platinum, they are well on their way to achieving their objective of “embodying everything a premium power supply can accomplish today”. The new PhaseWave design eliminates most of the internal wiring by placing the two DC-to-DC converter boards right on top of the modular cable DC connector board, which along with the LLC resonant design helps boost efficiency to Platinum levels.
The HCP-1000 Platinum PSU demonstrated excellent voltage regulation and very good efficiency along with delivering clean DC outputs. It is also a relatively quiet power supply, especially for a unit capable of producing 1,000 watts thanks to Antec’s Thermal Manager, advanced low voltage fan controller and dual ball bearing fan. And an excellent assortment of all modular cables, universal AC input with Active PFC, ErP Lot 6:2013 Compliance, and a 7-year warranty are all icing on the cake. Overall the HCP-1000 Platinum is a very good power supply! And given the competition in today’s power supply market, it needs to be.
One note of caution, the HCP-1000 is a little longer (deeper) than most PSUs so make sure you have adequate room in your PC enclosure to accommodate this very capable power supply.
The Antec High Current Pro 1000W Platinum power supply was released in March 2012 with an introductory MSRP of $269.90 USD.
• 1,000W continuous DC output at 50°C
• Excellent voltage regulation (±2% on three primary outputs)
• Very good efficiency (80Plus Platinum)
• Very clean DC outputs (low AC ripple)
• Latest PhaseWave design with LLC resonant topology
• Very quiet at all but the highest power levels
• Combined +12V outputs can deliver the full 1,000 watts (83A)
• Fully modular sleeved cables
• Six PCI-E connectors can support multiple high-end graphic adapters
• Dual EPS connectors (8-pin and 4+4-pin)
• Achieves ErP Lot 6:2013 compliance
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Chassis is 190mm (7.5”) deep
Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1000W Power Supply