The newest flagship card from Creative is the Fatal1ty branded Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe 1x card, which is the first to feature their new SoundCore3D chipset which brings 192kHz sampling rates at 24-bit to SoundBlaster. It comes with a microphone and like many of the high end cards on the market comes with a front panel which adds RCA stereo inputs jacks, DSP mode selection buttons, and analog volume and recording level knobs which can be pushed in flush with the face of the panel to both lock them and allow you to close the door on your case. [H]ard|OCP tried out Rightmark Audio Analyzer as well as their own ears to try to gauge the quality of sound produced by this new SoundBlaster series, which you can read about right here.
"Creative’s latest Sound Blaster flagship sound card features its new SoundCore3D chipset along with a powerful headphone amplifier, a beam forming microphone, and the return of the company’s popular front panel audio I/O bay. Is this card a worthy successor to its Audigy and X-Fi brethren?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- HIS Multi-View+Sound Adapter Review @ Madshrimps
- Enermax DreamBass Genie AP001 USB Audio Adapter Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- ROCCAT Kave 5.1 Surround Gaming Headset Review @ Legit Reviews
- Noontec Zoro Headset Review @ XtremeComputing
- KRK Systems KNS 8400 Headphones @ techPowerUp
- Ozone Onda 3HX Headset Review @ eTeknix
- Thermaltake eSports Isurus In-ear Headset Review @ Neoseeker
- IF500 Luna 5 Encore iPhone iPod Speaker Dock Review @MissingRemote
- Tritton Primer XBOX 360 Wireless Stereo Headset Review @ HardwareHeaven
- CM Storm Sirus 5.1 USB Gaming Headset @ Tweaktown
- Play .MKV’s in Windows Media Center @ CoD
- Audioengine A5+ Speakers and Wireless Audio Adapter @ SPCR
- Genius SP-i250G LED Portable Gaming Speakers @ Tweaktown