Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The SilverStone Nightjar ST50NF 500W Fanless power supply delivered excellent voltage regulation and dead silent operation. The ST50NF PSU includes a good assortment of fixed cables with two PCI-E connectors for high-end graphic adapter support and is constructed from high-quality, server grade components. While certainly a good power supply the ST50NF falls short of being a great power supply due to only 80Plus Bronze efficiency and AC ripple values higher than we like to see in a premium power supply.
Note: One often overlooked application for a fanless power supply is for use in dusty/dirty environments that might choke and kill a convention fan cooled power supply over time.
The SilverStone Nightjar ST50NF 500W Fanless power supply is currently available and typically sells for $199.99 USD, which is a little expensive given the ST50NF’s main competitor (Kingwin Stryker 500W Fanless power supply) sells for considerably less.
• Silent operation
• Ideal for noise-sensitive or dusty environments
• Excellent voltage regulation (±3%)
• Premium, server-quality components
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 38A (456W)
• Two PCI-E connectors for high-end graphic adapter support
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Requires forced airflow (case fans) to operate at max output
• Only 80Plus Bronze efficiency instead of Gold or Platinum
• AC ripple a little higher than we would like to see at full load
• 3-Year Warranty