If you have a dual channel motherboard that can handle the fastest RAM on the market, why not find out if it can support Kingston’s Hyper T1 DDR3-2800 4GB kit? Legit Reviews tried it on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H at both 2800MHz @ 12-14-14-32 as well as 2666MHz @ 11-14-14-30. Don’t expect much overclocking potential at this speed unfortunately, nor are all motherboards going to support the full speed XMP of these DIMMs but Kingston can be proud of the speed at which they’ve pushed these DIMMs to.
"The Kingston Hyper T1 4GB 2800MHz memory kit that we looked at here today did a superb job on our motherboard that features the Intel Z77 Express chipset and the Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge processor. We ran this kit from 800MHZ with CL6 timings all they way up to 2800MHz with CL12 timings. It is pretty wild to see a 2000MHz spread with a memory kit, but this kit was up for the task…"
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- AMD 2x4GB DDR3-1600 Performance Edition Memory Kit Review @ Neoseeker
- G.Skill TridentX 8GB 2400mhz @ Kitguru
- G.Skill RipjawsZ PC3-17000 32GB @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Viper Extreme Division 4 Review – 16GB Quad Channel 1600 MHz @ HCW
- GeIL EVO CORSA 16GB DDR3 2133MHz CL10 PC3-17000 @ TechwareLabs
- Samsung Green DDR3L 1600 2x4GB Review @ OCC
- Mushkin Redline 16GB Quad-Channel 2133MHz @ OC3D
- G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200 8GB @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX Genesis 2666mhz @ Kitguru