Zotac’s new ZBox Nano-XS is smaller than your average case fan, measuring only 4.17" x 4.17" x 1.46" (106mm x 106mm x 37mm) but is powerful enough you can stream video and even get some light game playing in on it. The name is a bit misleading as it is powered by a dual core AMD E-450 with a HD 6320 giving it impressive graphics for its size and the 64GB Kingston mSATA SSD making the general performance of the system quite snappy. Funky Kit does want you to be aware that this tiny PC ships without an OS so make sure that you are familiar with making a bootable USB drive with which to install your OS but apart from that they highly recommend the Nano-XS to anyone who needs a tiny PC.
"The performance of the ZBox impressed me. It can’t touch my high end desktop of course, but given the size and the price it is quite impressive. You can do some low end gaming, watch any videos you might want to regardless of their resolution and it snaps windows around and loads programs quite quickly, thanks to the SSD."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Noontec MovieHome V8 NAS Media Player @ Kitguru
- Australian Blu-ray Importing: May 2012 Buying Guide @ Tweaktown
- ASRock’s High-End Vision 3D 252B HTPC @ AnandTech
- Egreat S-Series R300 Network HD Media Player Review @ NikKTech
- SilverStone Grandia GD07 Review: Centering and Serving Your Media @ AnandTech
- Thermaltake Element Q Small Form Factor Chassis @ TechwareLabs
- ZOTAC A75-ITX WiFi A-E @ techPowerUp