We've seen a few reviews of Max Payne 3 go by, focusing on performance and the effects various graphical options have on the look and feel of the game, but so far little has been said about its 3D mode. For those who have the gear it is possible to add more artificial depth to Max's character and as it happens Hi Tech Legion had the display, glasses and the NVIDIA Beta 304.48, which would be the needed checklist for enabling 3D. They were quite impressed with the implementation and had no issues apart from a bit of blurry text. If you have the desire and the equipment you can examine a few of their screen captures here, otherwise you shall have to content yourself with reading the review.
"Max Payne 3 is the latest chapter in the 3rd person shooter title which debuted over 11 years ago for the PC. Max Payne is now living thousands of miles away from the grit and grim of New York and working in private security detail for a power Brazilian family in Sao Paolo. It is not all sunshine, beaches, and babes in bikinis for Max however, as he finds himself in the middle of a sprawling conspiracy involving all manner of Brazilian scum from the crevices of the Favela, the swampland militias as well as the ivory tower of ambitious politicians who would stop at nothing to add a few more zeroes to their paycheck. Max Payne 3 for the PC boasts detailed DirectX11 graphics and resurrects the "bullet time" gameplay everyone enjoyed in the original title that debuted over a decade ago now."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Free-to-play PC Gaming Guide @ eTeknix
- Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor review on Xbox 360 @ The Inquirer
- Ghost Recon Online PC Beta Review @ eTeknix
- Spec Ops Dev Diary Shows More Grisly Business @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- 11 Minutes Of Commanding Carrier Command Footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Endless Space About To Begin, 4th July @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tokyo Jungle PlayStation 3 @ Tweaktown