Get your new Catalyst 12.8 driver today!
Windows 8 support AMD’s first logo certified and unified driver for Windows 8 production
Featuring support for the DirectX 11.1 and the new WDDM 1.2 driver model:
- AMD’s first official unified and logo certified driver for Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX® 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supporting applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices
- Improved sleep/resume performance
Optimized GPU power consumption Major technologies / features also supported under Windows 8:
- AMD Eyefinity technology
- Unified Video Decoder (UVD)
- AMD Dual Graphics
- AMD CrossFire technology
- AMD Overdrive
- AMD Catalyst Control Center
- Vision Engine Control Center
Performance highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.8 (versus AMD Catalyst 12.6)
- Up to 25% in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
- Up to 3% in Battlefield 3
- Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 3% in Dues Ex: Human Revolution
- Up to 6% in Crysis 2 Up to 15% in Total War: Shogun
- Up to 8% in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 5% in Just Cause 2
- Up to 10% in Dirt 3
AMD’s latest Catalyst™ Application Profile: AMD Catalyst 12.7 CAP3 (to be used with AMD Catalyst 12.8)
Find the latest available AMD Catalyst CAP here : http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/crossfirex-app-profiles.aspx
- The Secret World (DX11): Resolves corruption seen in HUD/options when running in CrossFire mode on the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
- TorchLight 2 – Improves single GPU performance, and disables CrossFire due to incompatible support when running in a Multi-GPU configuration
- Spec Ops: The Line: Improves CrossFire performance
- Hawken: Improves CrossFire performance
Resolved issue highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.8 driver
- Over/underscan settings are correctly restored on system reboot Audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV Is switched off/on
- Shogun 2 : Flickering text is no longer experienced
- Star Wars – The Old Republic : In game cinematic no longer experience flicker when using the arrow keys
- Dirt Showdown: 8-Ball track No longer hangs with Crossfire enabled
- Max Payne 3 : A black screen is no longer observed when launching game in DirectX 11 mode with Crossfire enabled
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 12.8 Linux Driver: New OS Support
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems
Ubuntu 12.04 production support
Thank god they actually fixed
Thank god they actually fixed the over scan issue. That has been driving me nuts.
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Motorola and Verizon won’t want to disappoint owners and given the fact that this device is fairly new and will soon be running Ice Cream Sandwich, we think Android 4.
This large population of the human race is enough to increase the day to day
activities being done, fueling the need to produce
and use up more energy. Rising rates of heart disease, cancer
and obesity are directly linked with the increasingly sedentary lifestyles of
most developed nations.
Have a look at my homepage; Mayan 2012 Prediction
I play The Secret World and
I play The Secret World and the drivers worked great for about2 days, but I have the same corruption as I had previously. Reinstalled the drivers and it didn’t fix it. Help Plz.
As long as they don’t crash
As long as they don’t crash as much as 12.6 in 2D then I’m happy. So far I’ve been running with 12.8 for about two hours and no crashing yet. With 12.6 it would crash like 4 times in one hour.
However due to past experience, it’s far too soon to call these drivers great and fantastic – But so far so good. Here’s hoping 2D crashing is finally sorted, after 3 years of waiting.
^ And there it crashed in 2D
^ And there it crashed in 2D yet again .. Sigh.
Nvidia will get my money next.