Final Thoughts and Conclusions
If you are in the market for a new mid-tower enclosure for your next system build and excellent case cooling is a main point of interest, the Cooler Master HAF XM deserves a close look. The HAF XM provides very good case cooling with the three bundled fans and offers lots of options for additional air cooling or liquid cooling. The overall build quality is very good and the classic black look is always in style.
The Cooler Master HAF XM mid-tower enclosure is currently available and typically sells for $129.99 USD (Newegg.com, July 2012).
HAF XM Strengths:
• Good case cooling with included fans: (2) 200mm and (1) 140mm
• Excellent case cooling expansion options including liquid cooling
• Positive air pressure design delivers excellent cooling performance
• Mesh filters on all air vents help prevent dust buildup inside chassis
• Good build quality and fit-n-finish
• Convenient wire and cable routing pathways for clean installation
• Removable side and top panels with quick access left side panel
• Motherboard area supports Micro-ATX, ATX and E-ATX
• Large opening in motherboard tray allows accessing CPU cooler back plate
• Accepts graphics adapters up to 18” long
• Excellent tool-less drive mounting mechanisms
• Vibration absorbing dampers on internal 3.5” HDD mounting trays
• Easy access front mounted I/O panel with USB 2.0 and 3.0 support
• Two hot-swap X-Dock 3.5” HDD bays
• Three 5.25" external drive bays
• Six 3.5" internal drive bays and one hidden 2.5” HDD/SSD bay
HAF XM Weaknesses:
• None noted
Cooler Master HAF XM Mid-Tower Enclosure
I would like to thank our friends at Cooler Master for sending us the HAF XM enclosure to review – thank you!