While Dr. Dre partnered with Monster to create his Beats line, Ludacris went to a company called Signeo to design his headsets. While priced similarly to Dr. Dre's offerings, [H]ard|OCP starts the review by pointing out that there are already many counterfeit models on the market and Signeo does not offer serial number verification like Monster does to ensure that you did get what you paid for. Aesthetically [H] found the headsets to be very similar to the Beats line but preferred the audio quality of the Soul headsets. They do warn the SL150's do let ambient noise in, so if you want noise cancellation you should pay the extra for the SL300 model.
"Rapper Ludacris is the latest celebrity to endorse a line of trendy headphones and ear buds. Will his name and manufacturer Signeo's product design come to signify quality audio products with cutting edge looks or are these just two more pairs of glossy plastic headphones with exaggerated bass beats?"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CM Storm Sonuz Gaming Headset Review @ HardwareLOOK
- G-Cube iHL-500BK Luxury Dual-Mode Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset Review @ Techgage
- Siberia V2 USB-Powered Headset – Frost Blue Edition Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Razer Electra Headset Review @ eTeknix
- Coolermaster Sonuz Headset review @ Rbmods
- Phiaton PS 20 Bluetooth Stereo Earphones Review @ Legit Reviews
- Speedlink Medusa NX Core (X360 & PS3) Gaming Headset @ Kitguru
- Asus' budget Xonar DGX and DSX sound cards @ The Tech Report