The DZ77GA-70K is not exactly the rebirth of Intel's SkullTrail series but it certainly does bear similar branding. Instead it is a high end Z77 based board which features integral Bluetooth and WiFi, 8 USB 3.0 ports, three PCIe 3.0 16x slots, a pair of PCIe 1x slots and even two PCI slots. [H]ard|OCP liked the UEFI BIOS that Intel has included, though they feel it is lacking in the overclocking settings you would expect from an 'Extreme Motherboard'. They have only good things to say about the stability of the board, so if you need a rock solid system with a lot of expansion capabilities more than you need a good overclocker, this might be the board for you.
"We'll be taking a look at one of Intel's motherboards today, specifically the Intel DZ77GA-70K which is part of its Extreme Motherboard series. How can you tell it's an extreme motherboard? Why it has a skull on it of course! All kidding aside there is more to the DZ77GA-70K than just marketing."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASRock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS P8Z77 WS @ Bjorn3D
- ASUS P8Z77-V Premium Review: A Bentley Among Motherboards @ AnandTech
- ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 @ Tweaktown
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP4 TH @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H @ Funky Kit
- ASUS ROG Maximus V @ VR-Zone
- Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH Motherboard @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Motherboard Review @ Techgage
- Asrock X79 Extreme11 @ Legion Hardware
- ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion Intel LGA2011 @ techPowerUp
- BIOS Option Of The Week – NVIDIA GPU Ex @ TechARP