We have seen a wireless streaming graphics card which reminded the crew at PC Perspective of Cthulu, but we have not yet released the Kraken. That was up to Corsair and their HX850 PSU which [H]ard|OCP recently reviewed. A single 12V rail is capable of delivering up to 70 amps which is a good thing on a PSU with six 6+2 PCIe power connectors but it still wasn't enough to really impress [H]. This PSU has essentially been released to refresh their current model and while it does match the performance of the previous model it does not really improve upon it. This is what lead to [H]'s disappointment, the PSU passes the tests but has not really improved from the model Corsair was selling years ago. Still it is a decent choice for a system builder who plans on using multiple GPUs.
"Corsair, a brand we have come to trust when powering our enthusiast desktop PC systems, brings to us an 850 watt power supply unit that touts quiet operation, a modular configuration, and "gold" rated power efficiency. How does the new Corsair HX850 fit into Corsair's current power supply lineup?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650w @ Funky Kit
- Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- Thermaltake Toughpower 650W / 750W @ hardCOREware
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk.III 1200W Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Seasonic X-Series 1250W @ Kitguru
- PC Power & Cooling Mk III Silencer 1200 Watt @ Guru of 3D
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850 W @ techPowerUp
- Cooler Master USNA 120 AC/DC Power Adapter @ Pro-Clockers