While we do not have the finalized results of AMD's Q3 earnings, The Register did report that they will not be meeting the targets that were set previously. The are lowering both expected revenues as well as their gross margins projections. While this news is not unexpected it does illustrate the difficulties which AMD is currently experiencing. With new products already for sale and more scheduled for release before the new year, there is still hope for AMD to make a bit of a recovery. As we have pointed out many times before, whether you purchase AMD products or not, the continued existence of AMD is crucial to keep the marketplace competitive.
shamelessly stolen from macgasm
"AMD has announced lowered expectations for its third-quarter financial results, with revenues declining 10 per cent from the previous quarter, down from the 1 per cent – give or take 3 per cent – that it had previously projected."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- TLC NAND could penetrate biz with flash-to-flash backup @ The Register
- AMD Hondo-based products to be launched in mid-November at the earliest @ DigiTimes
- My smartphone conundrum @ The Tech Report
- Office 2013 hits RTM, will ship starting in November @ The Register
- What is going on with Nvidia’s GK114? @ SemiAccurate
- Fractal Design End Mod