Final Thoughts and Conclusions
Like it’s X-Series predecessors, the new Seasonic X-1250 power supply incorporates several significant advances in PC power supply design that result in excellent performance, high efficiency and the ability to operate in silent-fanless mode at lower power levels. Add to that an excellent assortment of all modular cables, tight voltage regulation, clean DC outputs and you have one very good power supply. As you might expect, a premium 1250 watt PSU is not going to be inexpensive and I was a little disappointed that Seasonic didn’t back the X-1250 with the same 7-year warranty they gave the Platinum 1000W PSU; but I guess that is one of the differentiators between X-Series Gold and Platinum Series. If you are in the market for a high-output power supply, the X-1250 deserves to be at the top of your shopping list.
The MSRP for the Seasonic X-1250 power supply is $269.00 USD (€259.00 EU) but it is selling for around $249 USD (Newegg.com, November 2012).
• 1,250W continuous DC output
• Very good efficiency across a broad range of loads (80Plus Gold certified)
• Excellent voltage regulation
• Very low AC ripple even at 100% load
• Silent, fanless operation at lower power levels
• Quiet operation at mid to upper power levels
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 104A/1248W
• Eight PCI-E connectors (6/8-pin)
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Sleeved cables with gold-plated connectors
• None noted
Seasonic X-Series 1250W Gold PSU
I would like to thank our friends at Seasonic for sending us the X-1250 PSU to review – thank you!