It is a nice change when a company understates the performance of their product instead of barely living up to their promises. Such is the case with the dual channel Crucal Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz kit, at least the one that Funky Kit benchmarked. They hit 2133MHz and kept the timings at 9-9-9-24 1T, not bad for DIMMs which are billed for 8-8-8-24 1T@ 1600MHz! Even better these DIMMs are very low profile, so even on boards with the DIMM slots clustered around the CPU socket you won't be limited in your choice of oversized CPU coolers. The full review is available here.
"This has been some fun memory to play with, it's ability to hit clocks 50% higher than stock is impressive. It's ability to hit 2133MHz with 9-9-9 timings at only 1.5v is quite impressive."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- GSkill Ripjaws Z 1866MHz 32GB Kit review @ Pro-Clockers
- Avexir Core 1600MHz 8GB Kit Review @ Pro-Clockers
- GeIL EVO Leggera PC3-14900 16GB Dual Channel @ Tweaktown
- GeIL EVO VELOCE PC3-17000 16GB Dual Channel @ Tweaktown
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2400MHz 8GB Memory Kit @ eTeknix
- AVEXIR AVD3S16001108G-2J 8GBx2 1600MHz Apple Memory Kit Presentation@ Madshrimps