Being better than Far Cry 2 is not a difficult achievement but absolutely necessary if you want to entice PC gamers to pick up the third instalment and according to Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN that bar has been surpassed. While they are not in love with the mystic portions of the main quest they were fans of the dialogue and the fact that you are not a silent protagonist. While you start with a single gun there is no reason you can't kill and skin a goat to make yourself another holster so that you can carry a second. You'll have to wait a while longer to blow up crocodiles with claymores for yourself but in the mean time you can live vicariously through this review.
"It’s also layered in skill trees, and a (largely superfluous) inventory, to make this game feel like it has a lot more going on than some other open-world shooters we could mention. The result is a little Skyrim-with-guns, yes, but in Skyrim I never caused two bandit jeeps to crash into each other, only to set fire to half of the jeep passengers with the flamethrower, and watch the other half be eaten alive by giant lizards. No, sir."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Marked by the Ninja @ The Tech Report
- F1 Race Stars @ eTeknix
- Duke Nukem 3D HRP: The Classic, Only Better @ Techgage
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown @ Kitguru
- Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 @ LanOC Reviews
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II GPU & CPU Performance @ Techspot
- Hitman Absolution VGA Graphics performance review @ Guru of 3D
- Star Citizen game breaks crowdfunding record at $5.5m @ HEXUS
MayWill Probably Be Released On Windows @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Should You Play Planetside 2? Questions & Answers @
- Dance Central 3 Video Review @ Hardwareheaven
I would agree that being
I would agree that being better than Fry Cry 2 is nothing to be proud of. I personally enjoyed Far Cry 2 though. Three major things that I didn’t like………
A. Driving mechanics were absolutely awful.
B. DX10 version of the game would have a memory related crash after about 20 minutes.
C. Camps constantly re spawning made for an awful lot of grinding.
If they avoided those mistakes this time around I will be happy to pick up Far Cry 3. (In the $5-$20 range during a steam sale.)