If you are interested in grabbing the PC version of Dark Souls from Steam then you must read through the tips and the graphics mod over at Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN. The DSfix mod from Durante will let you choose resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 which will make the game look far more attractive. As well they offer .ini tweaks such as setting the game to a borderless fullscreen, uncapping the framerates and which ports to open when playing multiplayer. While they do have a mod to help with smoothing the mouse and a cheat sheet for keyboard mappings, the game is still best enjoyed using a controller something common to direct console ports such as this is.
"Dark Souls’ existence on PC is a story of hope and disappointment. Petitioned by over 90,000 fans to bring the game onto PC from consoles, around the time that the Doublefine Kickstarter was gaining momentum, it seemed like a golden age when game developers were finally listening and giving gamers exactly what they wanted. However, fans were disappointed that even after all of the petition’s noise and success, the Dark Souls developers weren’t able to deliver anything more than a functional PC port, where traces of the game’s console origins remain in plain sight."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Need For Speed Most Wanted (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Ravaged @ LanOC Reviews
- F1 Race Stars (PC) Review @ HardwareHeaven
- GTA V: Grand Theft Auto 5, Trailer 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Origin Accounts Hacked – Maybe Change Your Password @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Ubisoft Explains The Wait For Beyond Good And Evil 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Borderlands 2 Review (PS3) @ Kitguru
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation PlayStation Vita @ Tweaktown
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Xbox 360 Review @ eTeknix