Fractal Design's Node 304 SFF case is 250 x 210 x 374 mm (9.8" x 8.2" x 14.7") and thanks to the removable HDDs you can actually fit larger sized GPUs in the case, though the biggest will be blocked by the PSU. Cooling comes from a pair of front mounted 92mm fans and a 140mm in the rear, all attached to a fan controller to help you manage the noise levels. HiTech Legion puts the MSRP of this case at $89 which is very impressive for a SFF case with this many features, especially the six HDD bays, but wish that the case was properly compatible with Micro-ITX PSUs to give even more space for a high end GPU.
"The Fractal Design Node 304 computer case brings style and functionality to the small computing market. The Node 304 features a modular design that allows easy configurability. Motherboard support includes mini-ITX and DTX compatibility. There are two expansion slots available. A total of six drives, either 2.5” or 3.5” can be installed. There is room for a full ATX PSU, up to 160mm in length. CPU coolers can be installed up to 165mm in height and GPUs up to 310mm in length (with adaptation). Fractal has included a cooling system with two front mounted 92mm Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans and one rear 140mm Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fan. There is also a fan controller included with low, medium, and high settings. The front interface includes two USB 3.0 ports, a 3.5mm mic, and 3.5mm headphone connection."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Fractal Design Node 304 Case Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Corsair Carbide 200R @ Guru of 3D
- Corsair Carbide 300R Mid-Tower @ eTeckniz
- Cooler Master Storm Stryker Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Antec Take-4 Rackmount Chassis @ Tweaktown
- Thermaltake Armor Revo Snow Edition Chassis @ Bjorn3D
- Enermax Hoplite ST Mid-Tower @ Tweaktown
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 Midi Tower Review @ NikKTech
- BitFenix Recon and BitFenix Hydra Pro Fan Controller Roundup @ OCC
- NZXT Hue LED Controller @ Rbmods
- Spire TME III (TherMax Eclipse III) @ eTeknix
- Noctua NH-L12 L-Type Low Profile CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
I’m still sticking with my
I’m still sticking with my sg05, which is the perfect size for my desk.
But this looks like a nice design, tower cooler support is a huge plus as is the modular layout.
The length is a bit much though, it’s almost 15 inches, which is pretty much mAtx territory.