Hopefully at some point NewEgg will refresh their stock of Plextor's 256GB and 512GB M5 Pro SSDs, as both offer the same rated speed and a price just under $1/GB. The Marvell controller they are using is one we have seen before, the Indilinx Everest 2 controller found in the OCZ Vertex 4. The Guru of 3D pitted the 256GB model against numerous MLC SSDs and it trended towards the top of the results, not the fastest but consistent in being among the best performers in all tests. Another benefit to the drive is the 5 year warranty, something which is becoming all too rare in storage devices.
"In this article we test, benchmark and review the Plextor M5 Pro series SSD. Plextor has developed this product alongside a marvel controller tied to 256GB of NAND flash memory it is amongst the fastest drives we have ever tested. We sure have lots to talk about alright. The 256GB models have sutained read/write levels of 540 MB/sec and 450 MB/sec respectively.
And with 4K random write performance estimated at 86,000 IOPS (input/output operations per second) it's dressed to impress alright. Have a peek, after which we'll dive into the technology behind it and obviously we'll present you a nice phat performance overview."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- SandForce TRIM Issue & Corsair Force Series GS (240GB) @ AnandTech
- Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 7mm 240 GB @ LanOC Reviews
- Crucial v4 (256GB) @ AnandTech
- Intel SSD 335 240GB @ Hardware.info
- ADATA SP300 24GB mSATA @ eTeknix
- Western Digital RE 4TB Enterprise Hard Drive Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Icy Dock MB153SP-B "FatCage" 3-in-2 SATA Backplane Module @ Hi Tech Legion
- Icy Dock MB996SP-6SB 6-Bay 2.5" Drive Cage @ Tweaktown
- RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-3640SU3 USB 3.0 Quad Bay Enclosure Review @ NikKTech
- Lexar JumpDrive Triton 32 GB USB 3.0 @ techPowerUp
- Lexar Media 32GB Triton USB 3.0 Jump Drive Review @ Pro-Clockers
- Thecus N5550 NAS with Western Digital Red Drives @ LanOC Reviews
- Thecus N2800 NAS @ X-bit Labs