Introduction and Features
The new ST45SF-G is a high-quality small form factor PSU that is all modular and rated 80Plus Gold.
SilverStone has a long-standing reputation among PC enthusiasts for providing a full line of high quality enclosures, power supplies, cooling components, and accessories. SilverStone recently updated their original ST45SF small form factor power supply to 80Plus Gold status. The new ST45SF-G is rated for up to 450W and comes with fully modular cables. The SFX form factor is frequently found in Micro ATX Media Center PCs and Home Theater PCs.
SilverStone ST45SF-G 450W PSU
Here is what SilverStone has to say about the ST45SF-G: "After successfully expanding and leading SFF (Small Form Factor) cases and SFX PSU into the DIY market, SilverStone engineers have continued their push for advancement in these categories by releasing a true upgrade-worthy small form factor power supply, the ST45SF-G. Despite being half the size of regular ATX power supply, the ST45SF-G can still produce continuous power output of 450W. Its 80 Plus Gold level efficiency is a great leap from the previous SFX best of 80 Plus Bronze and the full modular cables are also the first of its kind for this form factor. To enable users to easily take advantage of this excellent SFX power supply, an adapter is included to convert the ST45SF-G to mount in any ATX case in addition to ones designed for only SFX. For SFF users and for SilverStone, the ST45SF-G is more than just an upgrade, it is an important milestone for DIY desktop computer users."
SilverStone ST45SF-G Main Features:
• Supports standard SFX form factor and ATX (via included bracket)
• 450W continuous power output at 40°C and rated for 24/7 operation
• 80 PLUS Gold level efficiency (87%~90% efficiency at 20%-100% load)
• 100% Modular cables
• Class-leading single +12V rail with 37A capacity
• Strict ±3% voltage regulation with low ripple & noise
• Silent running 80mm fan (18dBA minimum)
• Single PCI-E 8-pin and dual PCI-E 6-pin connectors
• Universal AC input (90-260 VAC) and Active PFC
PSU Testing Methodology
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load, using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• DC Line Regulation
• DC Cross-load (unbalanced load)
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Power Factor
• Differential Temperature
The SilverStone ST45SF-G power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Extech MultiMaster MM570 digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.02%)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)