Last year at E3 we were introduced to a mostly finalized version of the Oculus Rift, which was also at CES this year and if still on schedule will be available for purchase come March. The Tech Report, who are no strangers to 3D or to multi-monitor gaming, tried out the current Oculus Rift and saying they were blown away might be an understatement. From the very start they were impressed with the Rift, from the fact that they could wear it over top of prescription glasses, to the depth and fluidity of the head tracking and it took a personal story about John Carmack from one of the owners to distract them, the sounds of CES were not enough on their own. While they did feel that the demonstration that was displayed in the glasses could have used a bit of tessellation, that hardly spoiled their excitement at all.
"We got to try an Oculus Rift VR headset at CES, and we were blown away by it."
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- Acer T232HL Review @ TechReviewSource
- LG E93 monitor review: is wider better? @ Hardware.info
- Ten affordable mid-sized Full HD monitors @ The Inquirer
- BenQ RL2450HT review: fast gaming monitor @ Hardware.info
- Vogel's LCD WALL MOUNT Superflat EFW 8105 S 19”-26 Review @ Madshrimps