At $280 the 32GB kit of DDR3-2400 RAM from G.Skill costs more than an SSD but if you consider what you would have paid for 4GB of DDR3 when it first hit the market you can't argue that the price of a kit like this has fallen drastically. The timings are not even particularly loose for DIMMs of this speed, 10-12-12-31 @ 2T is not too shabby, though Neoseeker didn't have much luck tightening them as they couldn't get to the fully rated speed of the DIMMs due to their motherboard not being able to support that speed. Keep note of that, many motherboards simply do not have 2400MHz as a choice in the BIOS and many CPUs won't be able to keep these DIMMs fully active. You could always opt for using a goodly chunk of the memory as a RAM drive, no matter what speed your BIOS supports. Check the full review here.
"Today I will be looking at G. Skill's Trident X DDR3 2400MHz 32GB quad channel memory kit. With their goal of extreme overclocking performance, G. Skill uses the highest quality memory IC's available when manufacturing their memory. To ensure trouble-free operation, their memory undergoes rigorous testing to verify their craftsmanship and performance."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 PC3-12800 Low Profile Memory Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- G.SKILL TRIDENTX 8GB 2400C10 Dual Channel RAM Kit Review @ Madshrimps
- ADATA XPG Gaming Series V2.0 PC3-19200 16GB Dual Channel @ Tweaktown
- Patriot Memory for Ultrabook – Scaling SODIMM RAM Density vs. Battery Life @ Tweaktown
- G.Skill RipjawsX (F3-1600C9Q-32GXM) 1600MHz 32GB (4x 8GB) @ Kitguru
- Affordable DDR3-2400 kits review: Corsair Vengeance vs Kingstone HyperX Beast @ Hardware.info
- Kingston HyperX '10th Anniversary' DDR3 1866MHz 8GB @ eTeknix
- Patriot Limited Edition 'Intel Extreme Masters' DDR3 2133MHz 8GB @ eTeknix
- Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP & Tactical LP 16GB Low-Profile Memory @ TechnologyX
i have this kit working
i have this kit working perfectly on my Asus 990fx Crosshair formula z with an FX-8350. vishera loves high memory speeds. cpuz reads 1200mhz 10-12-12-31-45-1T. maybe neoseeker needs to have compatible equipment before it reviews a product.
LOOKS LIKE I NEED MORE
LOOKS LIKE I NEED MORE RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have G.SKIll for memory and
I have G.SKIll for memory and it is working fine.