If swappable op-amps, an Objective DAC for proper analog sound and a frequency range of 10hz – 19Khz not only makes sense to you but gets you a bit hot and bothered, JDSLabs has an interesting product for you. Built around the open source Objective2 amplifier this pre-amp and DAC is designed to attempt to produce professional quality sound without the price tag attached to that level of gear. The suggested price is $285 which might seem high for a headphone amp but is actually much less expensive than professional level kit. TechPowerUp were very impressed with the quality of the sound and the tweaks possible to make to the DAC but thought that perhaps a bit more thought could have been put into the aesthetics of the device.
"JDSLabs's O2+ODAC combination combines two designs by NwAvGuy with excellent build quality and a sturdy enclosure. The O2+ODAC sells at just $285 which, performance considered, is a bargain. We test whether this amplifier and DAC combination is really the giant slayer it is made out to be!"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Eagletech Arion Foldable Bluetooth 3.0 Headset Model:ARHP200BF @ TechwareLabs
- ASUS Orion Pro Headset Review @ Neoseeker
- House of Marley Redemption Song On-ear Headphones Review @ TechwareLabs
- Razer Star Wars: The Old Republic Gaming Headset Review @ Madshrimps
- AZiO Levetron GH808 Gaming Headset Review @ Custom PC Review
- Asus Orion Pro @ LanOC Reviews
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.5 Red Stereo Gaming Headset Review @ NikKTech
- HiFiMAN RE-400 In-ears @ techPowerUp
- Ineo Alienvibes S101 2.0 Desktop Speakers Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Wavemaster Moody 2.1 Speaker System @ eTeknix
Been wanting one of these for
Been wanting one of these for a while. I have a Fiio E17 right now. I love that you posted this. Would love to see more audiophile hifi type gear on here.
Yes, these are some excellent
Yes, these are some excellent AMPs.
P.S, if you want something that will also play very well with games, you can go with the Asus Xonar Essence One.
Though, it unfortunately is shit expensive. At least $500.