If you are looking to power a small form factor system and need a fully modular PSU in order to get it into a tightly packed case as well as high efficiency the SilverStone SFX ST45SF-G 450W is a decent choice. It is Fully modular and is an SFX PSU, which as you might remember from Lee's review means that it lacks a -5V rail, not a necessary feature in today's systems. [H]ard|OCP granted an award to this PSU, not because it is the best 450W PSU available, which is not, but because it is the best fully modular SFX PSU they have seen and they realize sacrifices have to be made in a PSU which is barely able to fit an 80mm fan inside. Check out the full review to see if you think this PSU is worth the price premium or if you might just consider a larger PSU for your HTPC.
"Silverstone is one of our favorite computer power supply builders as the company has a tremendous track record when it comes to high quality and quiet power for our desktop systems. Today we look at something a bit different in terms of scale, a PSU pushing 450 watts of power in a package half the size with its sights on the SFF market."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- NZXT Hale90 V2 1000 Watt Power Supply Review @ Pro-Clockers
- be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 1000 Watt PSU Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Cooler Master Silent Pro Platinum 1000-Watt 80 PLUS Platinum @ Tweaktown
- Silverstone Strider Gold ST65F-G 650 W @ techPowerUp
- Infinity 500W Power Supply – Bargain Hunt @ Funky Kit
- Fractal Design NEWTON R3 1000W @ kitguru
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mark III 750W @ Funky Kit
- Seasonic Platinum Series Fanless 460 W @ techPowerUp
- NZXT Hale90 V2 1000W Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Enermax Triathlor FC 550W/650W Power Supply Review @ Pro-Clockers
- Seasonic G Series 550W SSR-550RM Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
It is efficient too, unlike
It is efficient too, unlike those old and shitty PSU’s with a 80mm on top of them