After the long wait, BioShock: Infinite is here, not as a sequel but carrying forward some of the atmosphere of the first two out of the water and into the clouds. The reviews are positive, both in terms of game play and story line, as you can see by Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN's preview of the game here. That particular article is spoiler free, not revealing any secrets that those following the release already know, but you can also venture into spoiler territory if you wish as they have already published some feedback about subplots they would have liked to see fleshed out more. For those jsut about to start playing they offer some tweaks to improve your experience, including the all important FOV hack, as well as a Konami-ish code to unlock sadistic mode immediately.
"BioShock: Infinite is a new first-person shooter from Irrational, creators of BioShock, System Shock 2 and SWAT 4. It’s set on a flying city in 1912, where racism and religious fundamentalism dictate society. You’re up there, wielding guns and magic, to bring someone the girl and wipe away the debt. Here’s what I thought, spoiler-free."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- BioShock Infinite review: In the sky, Lord, in the sky @ Ars Technica
- A Look at Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition @ Techgage
- WARFACE Puts Its War In Your Face @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tripwire’s Rising Storm Whips Up A Trailer @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Age Of Wonders III First Footage @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- First Look: Space Hulk @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN