As is their wont, [H]ard|OCP focuses on performance when reviewing the game, leaving examination of the game its self to sites dedicated to that type of content. The half dozen contestants represent the top 3 single GPU cards from NVIDIA and AMD and the drivers used were released this March. The game is DX11 through and through but tesselation is conspicuosly absent as is MSAA, only FXAA is available; even when enabled at the driver level they saw no differences. Both companies cards could play the game at 1080p with all settings maxed out but for higher resolutions we saw NVIDIA's performance pull ahead somewhat. Check out the image quality of BioShock Infinite in the full review.
"BioShock Infinite is here, delivering a colorful and dynamic world with the help of a customized Unreal Engine 3. BioShock Infinite has an improved PC gaming experience, we will test this game's performance among 8 video card configurations, and look at image quality of this immersive and colorful new game."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Bioshock Infinite Review @ OCC
- Squad Chat: Jagged Alliance – Flashback Interview @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- You’re The Boat Boss: Leviathan’s Smoooooooth Moves @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Please Watch This Dumb Blood Dragon Live-Action Short @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Antichamber just blew my mind @ The Tech Report
- Space Hulk Studio To Make Turn-Based Jagged Alliance @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Defiance @ LanOC Reviews
- Roundup of the 6 New Gaming Platforms Launching in 2013 @ eTeknix
- Smashing Dolphins: Planet Punch Redefines Self-Loathing @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Resident Evil 6 – Too Much Action for Horror? @ Techgage