Interplay were the original owners of the Freespace IP and sold it off to THQ, who did absolutely nothing with it and apparently did not see any value in it as THQ just sold it back to Interplay for a mere $7500. This is not necessarily good news as Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN points out Interplay is not necessarily the healthiest company right now. So far there is no news about future releases nor really anything apart from the transfer of ownership, but at least we know Freespace is still somewhat alive.
"Yes, Interplay, the company who’s only slightly more existent than THQ at this point. The publisher sealed the deal with a cool-as-an-airless-vacuum sum of $7500, which is a disturbingly small amount of my total yearly rent. If I moved someplace else, I could own Freespace. Right now. I will carry this regret to my deathbed."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- No Force Can Prevent There Being A Warhammer 40K MMO @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Metro: Last Light Review @ OCC
- Metro: Last Light Review @ Techgage
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing @ Kitguru
- 10 E3 Trailers You Don't Want to Miss @ Wired
- Borderlands 2 Step By Step Modding Guide @ TechwareLabs