Introduction and Features
The Astro PT 700W is certified 80Plus Platinum and features High Power’s new Eagle Eye real-time LED power monitor.
(Courtesy of High Power)
High Power Electronic’s Astro Series includes seven PC power supplies ranging in output capacity from 500W up to 750W. All of the power supplies in the Astro Series are certified 80Plus Gold (AGD-500F, AGD-600F, AGD-650, AGD-750F, AGD-750) except for two models that achieve the coveted 80Plus Platinum certification for high efficiency (APT-600 and APT-700).
Astro PT 700W Platinum PSU Key Features: (from the High Power website)
• Off-Delay Fan (Fan Stays On After System Shutdown): This feature allows the PSU fan to continue running after the system is shut down for a few seconds to exhaust the residual warm air inside the PSU and computer case to help extend component life.
• Single +12V Output Rail: Offers maximum compatibility for the +12V demand (PT 700W: 58A-696W)
• 100% Japanese-made Capacitors: provide longer lifespan
• Reliable Japan
ese-made Solid-state Capacitors: for enhanced system durability and stability even under extreme conditions
• Easily Detachable and Flexible Flat Modular Cables: Use only the cables you need. Reduce clutter from unused connectors and enhance the airflow inside your system
• Patented Easy Swap Connector: for quick and easy installation
• Long Cable Length: Longer cables for easier cable management behind the motherboard
• ErP 2013 The PSU’s standby mode won’t exceed 0.5W consumption to save energy and help maintain a sustainable environment
PSU Testing Methodology
Establishing an accurate load is critical to testing and evaluating a PC power supply. PCPerspective’s power supply test bench can place a precise DC load on the PSU under test. Each power supply is tested under controlled, real-world conditions up to its maximum rated load (at 40ºC), using both 115 VAC and 240 VAC line voltage. Our current suite of tests includes:
• DC Load Regulation
• AC Ripple and Noise
• Differential Temperature
The Astro PT 700W power supply was evaluated on both features and performance. A full range of equipment was used to test the power supply under controlled load conditions.
• (2) CSI3710A Programmable DC load (+3.3V and +5V outputs)
• (4) CSI3711A Programmable DC load (+12V1, +12V2, +12V3, and +12V4)
• (2) 200W Precision resistor load bank (+12V5 and +12V6)
• Switchable precision resistor load bank (-12V and +5VSB)
• Agilent 34401A digital multimeter (Accuracy ±0.0035% vDC)
• Extech 380803 Power Analyzer (Accuracy ±0.5% of full scale)
• DS1M12 "StingRay" digital oscilloscope (20M S/s with 12 Bit ADC)
• Powerstat Variable Autotransformer, 1.4 KVA, 0-140 VAC
• Extech Model 407738 digital sound level meter (Accuracy ±1.5 dB)
Why don`t we convert to 240V
Why don`t we convert to 240V in the USA as it is more efficient ?
We do have 240 volts in the
We do have 240 volts in the US. All you need to do is hire an electrician to install a 240v 20 amp outlet where you use your computer and put a matching plug on your computer power cord and you can enjoy the efficiency of 240 volt power yourself.
the states are 115v 60hz due
the states are 115v 60hz due to lots of reasons, most of them historical and completely anachronistic, but no one wants to rip out the entire electrical system… just to dam entrenched…
The link from the overview to
The link from the overview to the actual review says “Please continue reading our Dark Power Pro 10 850W power supply review!!!” even though it’s a review for a High Power Astro PT 700W. Cut and paste?
Fixed – thanks!
Fixed – thanks!
I don’t know whether it’s
I don’t know whether it’s just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with
your site. It appears as though some of the text in your content
are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is
happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I’ve
had this happen previously. Thanks
Feel free to visit my web site: alcohol rehab