It may not look like it at first glance but Corsair's AIR 540 can fit an EATX motherboard inside, it can also fit a mATX board but that might look a little odd inside a case this large. The extra depth that is obvious in the picture serves two purposes, firstly to create two chambers as the PSU is installed beside the add in card bays, not below or above and secondly to ensure even the tallest CPU cooler can be installed with plenty of spare room around it. The intake filters are completely removable and it is quite easy to do so, a theme carried on throughout this chassis. Take a look at the full review at [H]ard|OCP.
"Corsair is adding a somewhat nonconformist computer case design to its product stack with the AIR 540. Its product features tout better cooling, easier adaptation of high end air and water cooling, all while being a quieter solution. The AIR 540 looks to be a simple cube shape, but inside it holds an uncommon dual chamber design."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- NZXT Respire T40 @ techPowerUp
- Fractal Design Define XL R2 Case Review @ Legit Review
- Lian Li PC-Q30 Mini-ITX
- Corsair Obsidian 350D Micro ATX @ Benchmark Reviews
- Cooler Master N200 mATX Case Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 Case @ AnandTech
- Thermaltake Urban S7 @ Legion Hardware
- Silverstone Precision PS08 mATX Case Review @ HiTech Legion
- NZXT Phantom 530 @ eTeknix
- NZXT H630 Gaming Case @ Rbmods
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 @ techPowerUp
- Fractal Design Define XL R2 @ Kitguru
- Noctua NH-U14S @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review @ Pro-Clockers
- Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige Liquid CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master Eisberg 240L Prestige Liquid CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- SilverStone Tundra TD02 240mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- Silverstone Raven RV01 ATX Chassis @ eTeknix
- Rosewill Line-M @ techPowerUp
- Cooler Master Seidon 240M CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Gelid Slim Silence A-Plus Low Profile (1U Server) CPU Cooler @ eTeknix
- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Review @ OCC
- SilverStone AR02 CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- be quiet! Shadow Rock TOPFLOW SR1 Review @ OCC
- Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B Low Profile @ eTeknix
- SilverStone AR02 @ eTeknix
I do not liek the boxy
I do not liek the boxy design. They could have done so much more with this, and they limited it to ATX 8 slot and 2 2.5″ bays? Not to mention, you could have double the fan mounts on the back side. They could have made an amazing case, not this sub pay, space-inefficient monstrosity.
I like this case. It reminds
I like this case. It reminds me of the old Yeon Yang cubes from way back. You had to mod them to get all the water cooling in them. This case is on my list!
These cases look fantastic.
These cases look fantastic. They have a caselabs-like styling and ample room. I think they’ll sell well. I’m trying to think of an excuse to buy one.